The Symons Medical Centre offers both practical and emotional support to all patients who have been recently been diagnosed with cancer.
We hope that this support is helpful at a time when you may have a lot of questions. We may not have all the answers but we will be able to direct you to the relevant people and services.
For patients with a new cancer diagnosis, we will:
- Add a note to your record, to ensure that team members are aware of your diagnosis at first point of contact, and can assist you accordingly.
- Ensure you have access to priority appointments that can be scheduled at short notice.
- Enable you to request medication over the telephone.
- Take details of any Next of Kin or Carers to ensure they have access to your records (with your consent), and any assistance they may also need.
- Ensure you are referred to other services that may be able to provide advice, guidance, and support.
A cancer diagnosis can be overwhelming, with so much to take in. As well as support you can access via The Symons Medical Centre and the NHS, there are also a number of external resources that may also be helpful at this time: